Monday, March 22, 2010

Role Description Reflection

I would say that I get to most of the roles described for the teacher-librarian. Time is a huge constraint, but I try as hard as I can to get to all the teacher-librarian roles. The part of the role description that I am guilty of not spending time on is developing the potential of parent and student volunteers. We have TOCs help if the teacher they are covering for has suggested tohey help out during a Prep block. We also have TOCs job shadow so that they can get called in for teacher-librarians who need a TOC.

The role that is absolutely essential regardless of time and budget is working cooperatively with classroom teachers in order to assist students in developing skills in information retrieval and critical thinking so that they may become informed decision-makers and life-long learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment