Monday, March 22, 2010

Familiarity with Budget Processes

Since this is my first year in the library, I read the Year End Report to help guide me with this year`s budget. I am a member of the Learning Resources committee and at the first meeting, we went over what was spent last year, and what we had left to spend for this year. We get requests and then the committee discusses the requests. We also make long-term plans for curriculum changes, such as the new Math program coming in to effect. I have also discussed costs of databases and licenses with the DRC pricipal, as a result of one of the discussion questions for this course. The Business manager also goes over costs of resources and licenses to make sure that they are used for the amount of money that we pay for them. I am also aware of the costs of fiction books through ordering from Baker and Taylor and I have attended a book fair put on by Saunders at our DRC. My clerk does the ordering and POs, so she has a better idea of exactly how much money we have spent this year. She told me that we have approximately $5000,0 left, so we are making the most important purchases left for the year and then we will start to build up carts for next year. I am sure that there is a lot more to learn, but that is as much as I know right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment